The patterns wich really helped me understand were the one I call "for dummies"... the picture ones. I guess they have a name, did not find it yet.
So I played with my tatting and my phone camera. I put the result toghether in a pdf file. It is just an element of a bigger piece, the tricky part of it. It involves the ROR, both of them. It is not that difficult, but there are some parts where full attention and a lot of patience are needed.
Pattern and instructions for a small tatted element. I used it as a lower part of a earring pair.
The thread used for the pattern is not the ideal one, a polyester thread brings a better effect.
Here you have the link, since I have no idea how I can upload a PDF file in the blog.
Please let me know if there is something to correct.